Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baton Rouge Holidays!

Wow! I can't believe that Thanksgiving has already come and passed...and the countdown for Christmas is ON!

For thanksgiving a family from my new church, Amy and Barrett Black (sofia and naomi too) invited me to head to Houston to share Thanksgiving with them and their family! I had such a wonderful time...we ended up calling her parents house Weston Lakes (the neighborhood's name) Resort. We arrived at the house on wednesday night and didn't even leave the House till saturday night...it was so much fun, with the house all full of family and children and lots of baking happening all week!
Little Sofia with her "poony" smoothie mustache

some of the Yuvancic Family...they were teaching me how to make these AMAZING nut rolls!

The school year is winding down..but RUF@LSU has their annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Party...me and another student decided to make FULL tacky outfits!



I even had a few students come over to my house to make Christmas Stained Glass cookies! These were just normal sugar cookies...but you take out the middle and fill it with jolly ranchers...they come out pretty neat!












Here are some students hard at work making their cookies at my Apartment!