Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adopt a college student!

South Baton Rouge Pres. (the church I go to in Baton Rouge) decided to start the "adopt a college student" program. this is how it works: families from the church "adopt" a student that comes to our church...all it means is that they will have them over to their house a few times a semester for lunch, dinner, etc.

we had this program at my church in O-town (UPC). I absolutely LOVED IT! My "adopted" mom is wonderful...we even still call each other. I learned so much from her and her family, especially what it means to depend on God. I pray that these students too will have a wonderful experience with their "new" families. I pray that this will be a step in helping the students feel more at home with South Baton Rouge Presbyterian Church.

Today, after church we had a Kick-off Lunch, complete with all you can eat taco salad, desserts and King cake (a Southeast Louisiana Mardi Gras cake...only can get them this time of the year). it was so fun to see the students chatting with their new families!