Friday, July 24, 2009

Hero's Welcome

Earlier this week I tried to be a Hero by donating blood on the Big Red Bus blood mobile. I went in, passed the little check up they give...and began to give blood. It was great at first...they gave me all the orange/apple juice I could drink...and were the nicest people....then I started to feel a little dizzy and they were kind enough to lay my chair back to help me feel better.

the next thing I knew..i was having the BEST dream of MY LIFE! I can't remember what was going on but I do remember that it was so vivid!

I woke up with the nurses standing around me, and wet clothes all over my neck and forehead... I apologized for falling asleep....then the lady said:
" Oh No Hunny..You were not a sleep....you were in another WORLD!!"

apparently I fainted....turns out your suppose to eat an hour before you give blood..oops!

The next day the blood mobile people called to check on me....very kind. I told them that I was sad that I was not a hero because they could not take my blood.....The lady then said,
"No..you are a Hero...anyone who steps on that bus and tries IS a hero!"

Moral of the Story:
1) I'm a Hero!
2) Eat before you give blood!