Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm learning...

This summer has been one of ups and downs and God has been teaching me ALOT through the whole process of support raising! I have learned what it means to be more giving of my time, energy and even money...i have seen individuals who are struggling financially give generously to my mission work. I have seen people who have gone over the top to open their homes for me to have coffee nights and share what I will be doing with RUF, I have seen people continually love on me..call me...e-mail me and encourage me to not give up even though daily I feel like i'm in an endless battle to raise support.

I am so thankful and blessed that God has brought these people into my life this summer, to show me how to love selflessly and how to care for others (thank you for teaching me..although i still have so much more to learn!)

Another thing I have learned is how I need to let go of my NEED for control, I don't know what the future holds, will I raise the support and get to LSU or will I stay in Orlando? That is up to God and his will for me...my whole life I have usually had the next year of my life planned, but now...its really out of my control...as hard as this is..i know that God is bending me and breaking me so that I learn to lean not on my crutch of comfort and control but rest in the palm of his hands....He knows what is best....